● To be an office bearer, on the Management Committee of Bridge for Asylum Seekers Incorporated (Bridge), ensuring all regulatory and legal requirements of such an office are met.
● To attend Bridge for Asylum Seekers (Bridge) Committee meetings, the Annual General Meeting, and any Special Resolution meetings.
● To participate in the decision making of the Bridge Committee.
● To participate in the work and activities required to ensure the success of Bridge and its objectives, as agreed by the Bridge Committee and as directed by its constitution.
● Attend at least nine out of twelve monthly meetings per annum. The meetings may be held at a physical venue (likely to be an Inner West location) or may be held on-line.
● Assist in the preparation of the Bridge meetings by reviewing and contributing to agendas and meeting minutes.
● Participate in the decision making of the Committee in all areas including but not limited to:
o fund-raising requirements and efforts
o allocation of funds to Bridge clients
o communications to donors and supporters
o Bridge governance, and
o Bridge infrastructure support such as website, database, processes, etc
● Assist with grant applications and acquittals by reviewing those developed by other Committee members and being prepared to develop some grant applications and acquittals for review (and subsequent submission) by designated Committee members.
● Assist with other fund-raising efforts as agreed by the Committee
● Assist with various communication projects, such as newsletters and Annual Reports – as agreed by the Committee
Skills, experience and attributes
- An understanding of and experience with the regulatory requirements for an incorporated association and charity, or the preparedness to develop that understanding by referring to/reading the regulations.
- Knowledge of the responsibilities of an Office Holder in an incorporated association and charity, or the preparedness to develop that knowledge
- Ability to write clear, concise and persuasive messaging – for grant and acquittal writing, and for donor/supporter communications
- Well developed knowledge of the following tools/applications – Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, PDF readers/writers, email, DropBox, video conferencing tools,
- Willingness to learn to use on-line grant application and acquittal forms
- Use of computer
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Supervision and support
- Member of the Bridge Management Committee
- Experienced Bridge Management Committee members available for support
- Participation in an organisation with over 17 years’ experience of successfully providing asylum seekers in need with financial support
- Position holder’s home
- Monthly meetings held at Balmain Uniting Church, Balmain or alternate Greater Sydney location, or via Zoom or alternate online technology.
Note“Committee” in this document means both Management Committee and any Sub-Committee to which a member belongs.